Accidents with Unregistered Vehicles

If you are injured in an motor vehicle accident with another vehicle that is either unregistered or that you are unable to identify you may still be entitled to make a claim, subject to negligence in States or Territories where a fault-based scheme is in operation. The claim will be made against a Government body called the Nominal Defendant who acts as the CTP Insurer for the unregistered or unidentified vehicle.

Please note shorter and strict time limits apply for a Notice of Compensation Claim involving an unidentified vehicle or unregistered vehicle.  We must also show reasonable attempts to locate an unidentified vehicle.  Contact us to find out how to do this.

To make an online enquiry – click here contactTime limits apply, so seek legal advice without any delay.

close slider

Tell us about your Claim